Friday, December 14, 2012

Short (define short) introduction

To make it a little more personal, I'm going to introduce myself so you know more about me besides that grumpy character on the left panel.

 I've never been really good at introductions.

 This is going to be so formal like omg.

 Okay, let's get the ball rolling.

 I guess we've established that my name is Kirstin. I take drama as an official subject in school and acting is one of the few things I can safely say that I am passionate about. I take it as an after-school co-curricular activity as well, (but in another language!) and right now we're in the midst of preparing for a major bi-annual national competition that's happening in April.

 Writing is one of my other great interests as well - it's been one of my (very) few better points, especially since I've had a love of reading since young. Recently I won a gold award in the RCS essay writing competition, and I'm looking forward to more. I write short essays during 50% of my free time and think up story ideas during the other 50%. An author is what I'm apsiring to be right now! Past aspirations include, in chronological order: Cashier, Teacher's Assistant who marks all the worksheets, Astronaut, Artist and Fashion Designer.

 ...and this is where the formality ends.

 I also enjoy drawing on rough sheets of paper, having concerts in the shower and spasming (is that what the humans call 'dancing'?) to music.

 If anything, that's probably why I suck so badly at the sciences. I'm terribly imbalanced. 

 Did someone mention sports? [insert thigh-slapping chortling here] I am honestly not the type you'd expect to be fit and healthy and athletic. And I do live up to those expectations quite well. I could tell you of my glory days, back two years ago when I would go out under the sun almost everyday and work on my amazing hand-eye co-ordination with a ball and a couple of friends.

 ...but all of that changed when I graduated and changed schools. [let's-not-go-into-that sigh]

 As of the current moment my state of fitness leaves much to be desired ("Is that an exercise ball? Get it away from me! The horror!"), but I'm working on it. I need to start continue my jogging routine soon and get back in running shape for my cross-country and my 2.4k (I am so not cut out for marathons) next year. A recent mad dash in sneakers without socks under the rain without an umbrella on rough pavements has brutally reminded me so.

 Besides that, I have an elementary one grade in swimming, bare memory of my golf lessons from six years ago and bare skill from my bowling lessons I took five years ago. But if you throw me a ball, I will not run away screaming - I can assure you of that. (But if the world ends in floods or ball-shaped hail, let's face it, I'm not going to stay alive for very long.)

 As of now it's 1:23 am where I live, so I'm ending the post here. You should know enough of me by now, meh. I need my sleep. I have a bad chain habit of waking up late in the morning which leads to a late breakfast which leads to a half-finished lunch.

 Ciao! (I really need to use emoticons more, don't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment