Friday, December 14, 2012

I was horrible as a child

Or at least, an 11-year-old. That period in general was just a particularly bad time for me.

 I have quite a bad memory, so I know that primary school life in general was sucky, but I don't remember the events that led up to this conclusion. Well, I didn't, at least. Not until half an hour ago when I decided to be smart and read through my old blog posts.

 KILL IT WITH FIREEEE

 I did. But before that I looked through my old chatbox and that's when that big revelation dawned on me. This happened years ago, so it's no wonder I don't remember it, but now I know why those girls in my class didn't like me. D: Eh, I had it coming. Can't blame anyone else but my 11-year-old self. I shouldn't have been allowed on the Internet in the first place. If the Sims hadn't creeped me out, I probably would've been playing it then instead of screwing up my social school life.

 Bad times. Baaaaad tiiiimes.

 I'm glad those times are over, then. Eughh. [shudder] I guess I can check that off as another reasons why I am a horrible person. Why do they allow 11-year-olds on the Internet? 11-year-olds like me who don't know when to shut up. I was like a walking people offender and  whenever I opened my mouth to blab a fairy would die and I wouldn't even realize because I was so self-centred.

 My only condolence: "No matter what happens, trust God." My screwing up of my social life was needed for me to make wiser decisions in the future. It stings, though - looking back on yourself and wishing you weren't so immature.

 Maybe this was why I started to despise Facebook and any network where I could connect to my classmates and I started making friends online. Ulp, I'm moving back under my rock again. Call me when everyone of my generation has died, maybe in 2100.

 I feel like I evolved or something. Back then I was whiny, annoying, nasally, my English was poor and I didn't even care, I had an inflated ego (I was like a female douchebag omg) and I had no sense of discretion. Now I'm sarcastic, I don't like socializing unnecessarily, I don't bother talking to strangers very much, I flinch if I make a spelling mistake and I'm a bitter person generally.

 I guess this make me horrible either way. D:

 [voice fade into the background] And now we bring you the newest reality show on television, "Will Kirstin ever become a better person?" with our hosts...

No comments:

Post a Comment