Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas cards!

Hello again, Internet! I've come to update you on my life progress.

 As all of you should know, Christmas is coming up in exactly a week (am I supposed to call it holiday season for you Americans because that's what I heard it was). I have some really nice friends (two of them) too, and these really nice friends decided that since Christmas holiday season Christmas was coming up (and because 'tis the season to be jolly) that it would be nice of them to send Christmas cards!

 So one showed up at my doorstep last Friday and it was staring at me in its orange envelope on my bed for 12 hours before I decided that the pain was too intense...and that I just had to be a nice person to write back.

 It went basically like this:

 Dad: Kirstin, there's a letter for you!
 Me: Oh really? [takes letter] Oh, it's from Sophia! How nice.
 Letter: Hello!
 Me: Hello, letter!
 Me: [puts letter on bed]
 Me: [proceeds to be on the laptop for the next 12 hours]
 Letter:
 Me:
 Letter:
 Me:
 Letter:
 Me: ...
 Me: I should write back, shouldn't I?
 Me: I mean
 Me: It's like
 Me: ...manners.
 Letter: [silent nodding of approval]

 So I spent the next few days going to Popular, buying 25 envelopes and a6 pieces of paper (don't even get me started on how paranoid I was mass buying with only thirty dollars in my wallet), coming home and working on my Christmas cards.

 Just kidding. I only started at noon today and it's Tuesday. (Procrastinator!)

 So far my progress in the last five hours has been minimal. I've split the 25 cards-to-be-made between my classmates and church mates - 12 cards for my classmates, 13 for my church mates. I've got to get stamps and mail my 12 cards by Wednesday so that they can get it by the end of the week - today's Tuesday and I've only finished 5. ("[looks me in the eyes] Good job" "sniff, sniff, thank you, that means so much to me you don't even know")

 But...

 When they are done, they are going to be legen...wait for it...

 DARY!

 Ciao. x

No comments:

Post a Comment